We are buzzing to be working with the team at Trof - the iconic neighbourhood bar in the Northern Quarter! The all-day offer includes fresh & innovative brunch, British classics with a twist, craft beer and bangin cocktails.
This site opened in 2007 - helping to totally transform the NQ into the vibrant, foodie haven it is today. Trof recently underwent a change of ownership and is now headed up by some of Manchester's most experienced operators. There are big plans for 2022 and we are hunting down someone pretty special to join the team.
We need a proper foodie - everything is made on site (except for bread & ice cream) so having experience in a fresh food business is a must. You will be passionate about food quality and delivering an amazing experience for the guest every time.
What you’ll get up to?
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and passionate Sous Chef. You will share our commitment to delivering an outstanding experience and take real pride in ensuring quality and consistency of every dish produced. You will love working with fresh local ingredients and learning new processes and techniques. You will lead by example and enjoy sharing your skills and experience with others.
- Ensure quality and consistency of food during all stages of production.
- Ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained and ordering is optimised.
- Participate in the HACCP procedure according to the company’s Food Safety Management System.
- Lead by example and uphold professional standards, always, providing a source of knowledge and inspiration to all kitchen team;
- Responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen service in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Awareness of financial performance including recipe costing and GP targets.
What you will get..
- Work as part of a tight knit team in a site which is owner operated - this means people really matter.
- Opportunity to get involved with menu innovation & creative projects
- Salary £27k
Sound great? Please apply below.
Not for you? We will help you with your next move. Get in touch via our website.
We are Sixty Eight People. Through people, we will revolutionise our industry.